Friday, September 10, 2010

Ladies!
Welcome to our 2010 Young Mothers Blog! Let's try and use this as a gathering place to share what's going on in our lives, in our state chapters, and in our circles.

It has been easy for me to leave New York City, where we all met, and get back to my life where I don't see any of you crossing my path. One thing I know though is this ~ you are all really neat women and I felt connections and bonds were created in NYC. So lets try and use this as a place to check in with each other, encourage each other and share how we are being impacted by moms around us - or how we are trying to impact moms around us.

Lets share and stay connected so that we are motivated and excited to come together in May for the next National Convention in Salt Lake City! Seriously....you are all coming right? I bet we can rent a limo there! I think it could be fun to get together without the stress of speeches and such.

To get started, use the comment section to post your input and you can also send pictures to me at carlstrom5@msn.com and I will upload them to the blog. Share family pictures, NYC pictures, whatever you want! I look forward to seeing what happens here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri!
    I hope you and your family had a terrific summer! Thanks for checking in on all of us. Our family was able to participate in the 4th of July Parade here--it was heartwarming to see the community supporting us moms!
    Other than that, the bulk of our AMI/Young Mother events are slated for the latter part of the year. Right now we're planning & gearing up for our Hawaii Mothers Conference on November 6th.
    Take care!!

    Love & Aloha,
    Juli Hallstrom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Georgia!

    Hope everyone is doing well. The summer went by so quickly. We spent alot of time at the ballpark with our 16-year old son, Allen. At convention I told you he was learning to drive. I'm happy to report he is now an official licensed driver and he enjoys driving himself to school (I like it too!)

    I participated in one of my favorite activities of Georgia Mothers, our annual Mother's Day breakfast for the homeless. This year we served 100 Mothers and their children. We sang songs, we had a devotion and the best part was hearing the Moms share what their Moms meant to them. Then the children shared what was special about their Mothers. It was a heart warming experience for all us and our families.

    This summer Georgia Mother of the Year, Marie Corrigan and I were honored by the Georgia Governor at his office in the Capital. He presented us with Proclamations of honor for our outstanding roles as mothers and as leaders in Georgia. My son thought it was cool getting his photo with the Governor. (Sheri - I'll send you a photo to post)

    Last Saturday Georgia Mother's held a brunch and I spoke about my experience at national convention. I told them about meeting all of you incredible young mothers. I explained how even though we came from different states with different backgrounds we shared the common bond of motherhood and the love for our families. The guest speaker spoke on "The Do's and Don'ts for Preparing Your Child for College". This was perfect timing for me as I have a 11th grader this year.

    Sheri, hope you have a great time at convention next week. You will represent all us very well!

    Blessings!
    Pam Tokarz
    2010 Georgia Young Mother of the Year

    ReplyDelete